Greenwoods gets involved: CSR
'Giving something back'
Here at Greenwoods we have an ethos of community involvement and we support many members of the Greenwoods’ team who are involved in a range of community, social and environmental initiatives.
In 2012 we were pleased to became a Gold Corporate Supporter of Peterborough Cathedral’s ‘Peterborough 900’ Campaign.
The campaign uses the 900th Anniversary of the foundation of the present Cathedral building in 2018 as a focal point around which to deliver ambitious changes. The campaign’s vision for the future of the Cathedral is to see it as a place of worship, education and music, encompassing all aspects of an ever-growing and changing society.
We strongly believe in ‘giving something back’ to the community and we feel this campaign offers a great opportunity to support and develop Peterborough’s’ infrastructure for a sustainable future. In particular the campaign aims to provide a Heritage & Education centre, a Cathedral & Community Music School and to conserve the Cathedral’s precincts and furnishings.
In addition to our support for the ‘Peterborough 900’ campaign we also:
- provide strategic advice to policy makers on new developments and their impact;
- work to support and promote environmental awareness;
- partner with local schools, supporting initiatives to grow and develop Peterborough;
- enable employees to take time out of the office to support voluntary organisations and trusts through board membership and raising funds for charities.
Each year, following consultation with and nominations from everyone at Greenwoods, two charities are chosen as our charities for the year.
For 2012-13 these were Help for Heroes and the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation. Through the firm’s hard work (which included a group undertaking the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge) staff, family and friends raised £3,300 for good causes in 2012.
Our ‘Charity Committee’ plans and delivers a number of fundraising events throughout the year in order to support our chosen charities, as well as getting involved in many other national events during the year. We hope to equal, if not exceed, 2012 for fundraising in 2013. Read more - and see the photographs!
We are also involved in the creation of a CSR Forum for Peterborough which brings together private sector companies operating in the Peterborough area to improve the understanding of the social needs of Peterborough. The forum, Side by Side, was launched in May 2012 and aims to:
- Make it easy for businesses to play a part in achieving Peterborough’s ambitions and supporting its economic and social well-being;
- Bring together employers and employees interested in engaging with the city’s charities and communities – through investment, volunteering or in-kind resource;
- Share information, ideas, resource and success stories to help target activity in line with Peterborough’s greatest needs.
For more information visit the forum website www.sidebysidecsr.co.uk
Find out more about the Society and its contribution to the local legal community here.