Knowledge Base Articles14 Jun 2013 Flood Insurance - at any price?
31 May 2013 Property e-flash : Break Clauses Update - Tenant’s lucky break?
24 May 2013 Property e-flash : 6 weeks to challenge a planning decision - changes to judicial review procedure
10 May 2013 Property e-flash : Update on the ‘Mixed Bag Bill’
EventsHealth & Safety Forum : When an ‘Inspector calls’ - Top ten pointers for a successful visit
Subscribe to Knowledge Base
Receive useful information about the developments in the law and what you need to do as a result of these changes.
You want your investment in property to be profitable. With our property and landlord and tenant expertise we can help you achieve your goal.
Any investment property has to be well managed. One important aspect of this management is the relationship between us, your legal team, and the people managing the property, usually your managing agents. Our lawyers appreciate this and aim to work as part of your property ‘team’, liaising with you, your managing agents, your funders and, of course, you, to ensure that everyone is kept up to date.
We can create and advise on standard documents for the property so that lettings can be dealt with quickly. To help your managing agents, we are happy to establish standard procedures and regular reports so that, not only the progress of lettings, but also of licences, lease terminations and renewals is reviewed regularly.
We enjoy working with our clients on this basis and take great pleasure in completing transactions which add value to your investment.
Our work for investors includes:
- The legal aspects of the property purchase;
- Setting up standard leases, and, if necessary obtaining funders’ approval to standard documentation;
- Establishing procedures for taking instructions, reporting and completing transactions with your managing agents;
- Lettings: granting leases, licences to assign and licences for alterations;
- Lease renewals both under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and otherwise;
- Terminating leases and dilapidations.