Bribery & Corruption
From prevention to prosecution we have the practical experience and expertise to help you with the increasing threat from Bribery and Corruption
The Bribery Act 2010 is one of the most talked about pieces of legislation in recent years. It poses many challenges for organisations operating in the UK and overseas. You may need to rethink how you conduct business and with whom.
In particular, the new offence of failing to prevent bribery requires organisations to put in place “adequate procedures” to prevent bribery by employees or any other associated person. Failure to comply with the Act can lead to unlimited fines, significant reputational damage and can impact on future commercial relationships.
Robert Starr is our Bribery and Corruption expert. As a former prosecutor for the Serious Fraud Office he is well placed to advise you on how to protect yourself, what to do if you suspect bribery or corruption has taken place and can provide robust assistance in respect of any investigation or prosecution you may face.
We can assist with:
- Implementation of Anti-Bribery Policies and Procedures
- Risk Assessments
- Internal investigations into suspected acts of bribery or corruption within your organisation
- Training from operational to board level
- Representation and advice during compulsory questioning or Interviews under Caution
- Assistance with Investigations and Prosecutions instigated by the authorities
- Crisis Management and “dawn raids”
Robert is an excellent lawyer who builds strong relationships with his clients. He is renowned for his strategic and tactical approach to cases and, having previously prosecuted, has invaluable experience of how the authorities operate.