We have a diverse client base ranging from companies with hundreds of properties to manage, either as landlord or as tenant, to individuals with niche investment portfolios.
Our clients include household names in the retail sector, developers, local authorities, social housing providers and other public bodies.
We also act for agricultural clients who farm in hand, as well as those who let their land out or have diversified into other areas.
We value our clients and they reciprocate the investment we show in them by staying loyal to us for many years, sometimes through generations of the same family.
You can expect a responsive and efficient service from the moment you contact the Greenwoods GRM Property Disputes team.
Our focus is resolving your problem according to your specified needs and objectives in a timely, cost effective and efficient way. Throughout your time with us we will continually review progress as against costs and our original time estimate for completion.
People often associate contacting a lawyer with litigation, but the reality is that today disputes rarely reach court because of the variety of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures available. Examples include mediation, arbitration, adjudication and expert determination.
Our team also provides support to our commercial property experts on issues arising in the course of transactional matters, such as on a sale and purchase or in agreeing the terms of a lease.
When a case crosses over into different areas of law our team taps into the skills and experience of our wider disputes team.
We deal with:
- Business lease renewals
- Rent and service charge recovery
- Dilapidations claims
- Disputes over breaches of covenant including forfeiture/relief applications
- Service charge disputes
- Recovery of land or premises from unlawful occupiers/squatters
- Lease surrender negotiations
- Disputes over consent to assignment/sub-let/change use/alterations
- Boundary disputes and disputes over easements (e.g. rights of way, rights to park; rights to light), breaches of covenant, trespass, nuisance, adverse possession.
The team also advises landlords in matters involving residential lettings and has a strong reputation for our work in the social housing sector.
- Prompt, professional and practical advice on all aspects of contentious property matters;
- Dispute resolution advice that is clear, concise and cost-effective;
- Expert advice on landlord and tenant disputes;
- Swift resolution of property management issues, possession proceedings;
- Economical and effective lease renewals and terminations;
- And the speedy and efficient resolution wide range of other forms of real estate disputes.
For advice on any disputed property issues, please contact Chi Collins.